Desired Start Date: September 1, 2015
Position Type: Part time
Approximate hours per week: 20
The Activity Specialist will work with groups of 15 - 20 middle school students.
Specialists are needed in the areas of dance, music, leadership, sports, literacy (rap, spoken work, etc.) art, STEM, etc.
Specialists should be able to integrate young people’s life experiences while integrating thematic curriculum. Projects should incorporate career awareness activities, including field trips and guest speakers, as well as community outreach and involvement.
- At least 21 years of age
- Previous experience teaching/facilitating workshops in one of the above subject areas
- In possession of or working towards a Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of experience in programming and supervision of children
- Ability to commit for the entire school year
- Strong communication skills
- Have the energy, motivation and skills needed to work with children both inside and outside the classroom
- Willing to accept guidance and supervision and possess self control